LinkedIn vs. Resume Cheat Sheet
Get your free Cheat Sheet so your two most important marketing materials – your resume and LinkedIn profile – work to your advantage.
With this LinkedIn versus Resume Cheat Sheet, you’ll learn:
- The two types of audiences you need to address.
- The appropriate way to incorporate references and recommendations.
- The different writing styles you’ll need to use.
- Which document reinforces your social credibility.
- How your LinkedIn profile reinforces your personal brand in unique ways
The LinkedIn versus Resume Cheat Sheet is perfect for you if:
- You’re not sure what to include and what to leave out.
- Your current LinkedIn profile is just a copy of your resume content.
- You have no idea how to create a summary for your LinkedIn profile or resume.
- You know you’re not marketing yourself effectively with either your resume or LinkedIn profile.
I always thought of LinkedIn as my online resume. But I came to realized that I really needed to write my profile and my resume differently. I did. And just landed an interview based on my new LinkedIn profile.
– Recent College Graduate
I’d been avoiding LinkedIn because I didn’t want to appear like a desperate job seeker. I’ve now updated my profile and feel great at how it’s positioning me with my contacts.
– Business Analyst
I was making two huge mistakes with my resume and LinkedIn profile: Too much information on LinkedIn and including references on my resume. Thanks for the updated info.
– Electrical Engineer
Stacey is a nationally recognized career coach who helps individuals with unique backgrounds figure out where they fit, how to market themselves and find a career that’s as interesting as they are. She works with smart, talented individuals from around the country on everything from networking to personal branding. Known for her candid career guidance, her advice has appeared in local and national publications.
Stacey lives and works in Portland, Oregon with her husband, Scott, three cats (she’s a dog person too). She is fond of all things Canadian, happy hours and riding her motorcycle.